Wednesday 30 May 2012

Is Summer here at last


Well I’m afraid that this last week has been quite unproductive in the stitching line but sometimes that’s the way it goes. That doesn’t mean that my little brain has not been buzzing with other things and ideas.

I mounted my blackwork and it is now with Tracy for assessment next month so I will let you all have a view of the finished piece when it comes back to me. In the meantime the sun came out – and has stayed out now for a whole 10 days!! Unheard of in the wet and chilly North West. So, I’m afraid I succumbed to vanity, stripped off my woolly jumpers and started on the holiday tan. Oh, I did do some gardening as well, so now my little plot is starting to look all neat and tidy and ready to face the world. Thought you might like to see my little herb patch all weeded and straight (yep, ‘fraid I’m one of those manic control freak gardeners who whisks away a weed at first sight!). Some day I’ll turn it into an embroidered garden, maybe. Another one to add to the list.

                                                           Herb Bed all neat and tidy!    

Anyway, as it got hotter and hotter it was too much to embroider in, even in my nice cool dining room. You see your hands get sweaty and dirty and I couldn’t settle into a rhythm. I have promised our church some new vestments, so have started a burse and veil. The front of the burse is nearly finished, just a few threads to couch down and I need to clear it off. Is it me or is the hardest part finishing?

                                                   The Burse front on my frame-nearly finished!

Anyway, this morning it was cooler and so I thought I’ll have a go at something new and whizzed up this little Dorset button in ordinary stranded floss-some old Anchor threads I had been given and a brass ring I happened to have lying around!. Not bad I think for a first go and not too fiddly to do. I’m sure it will be useful somewhere when I get more adventurous.

                                                     First attempt at a Dorset Button

Then, it was off to Lancaster for some IT lessons with my lovely future daughter-in-law Lucy of littlelostsoul and lunch at The Borough. She’s given me my homework to do so now I have to get on – and concentrate on finishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment