Sunday 11 November 2012

Phewee!




Starting to look like an angel?


So here I am 8o'clock on a Sunday evening and finally, I think I have got the blessed doughnut and feet right. My shoulders, elbows and wrists are just about worn out as I have struggled to get that needle through carpet felt, leather and or nue but I only broke two needles this time so must have been doing something right!

I started off putting some hair on the head - it did look a little like a helmet ( that storm trooper association again?). However, once I'd got the leather stitched down it didn't look too bad.


It's hair - honest!




........see!

Now on that bit there are just the facial features to sort out. Don't you think the hands look better than they did now I've reduced the stitch size?


Close up of the feet.

The feet were so fiddly. Tiny little scraps of leather over felt and carpet felt but at least this time they look like they are standing on the wheel. I finished it this time with No 3 purl pearl and then No 1 on top of that to make sure the edge is covered and I want to put some cut work on the wheel but that was what did my arm in so I'll have to wait for that. 

I finally feel like I am getting somewhere but is probably a good thing as we're nearly at the end of term. Only the mounting to face now :(




No comments:

Post a Comment