Wednesday 23 April 2014

Outlining the motifs

Having framed up I made a start today on the Gawthorpe Sweete Bag, stitching round the outline of all the motifs in tent stitch. Once this is complete, then I can start the filling in in colour and  metal threads.



I also got some more passing threads today. I had originally thought that No 4 smooth passing would be OK ( Jacqui Carey recommended this). But as I am doing tent stitch not Gobelin or any other ground stitch it needed something finer. So I got some No 3, and hooray, it looks OK and works up well. 

Add caption

Phew, to crack on then!

2 comments:

  1. The tent stitch edging will help to support all the fillings as well, won't it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure it does much supporting, rather highlights it all, like a cartoon. Also I suppose thread doesn't wear away like ink marks do, so less chance of losing the pattern. It's a bit of a pain to do all the scrolls bits and some parts just need a light touch.
    All the best
    Pippa

    ReplyDelete