Wednesday 8 May 2013

Come back silk shading...............


Just a quick little post for those of you who like to follow progress. My crewel bird continues to grow - in a way he's a bit of R & R away from the RSN module and college work.
After the tail feathers I moved up the body to his wing. I laid down a pale green horizontally and the did a trellis pattern in a slightly darker green ..........

Trellis work over laid threads

... and stem stitched as an outline in one more shade darker green.

Stem stitch outline
Sadly, I had to leave him for today to do some work on the applique. I have edged the last of the pillars with a cord I made at Tracy's on her cordwinder from DMC cotton (brilliant, I'll have to save up for one of them!)
I made this!
 Then it's doing all those little bits that I 'just left till later', like ANOTHER motif.

Satin stitching an applique motif
This one is satin stitched in two colours. Keep thinking I'm nearly there, then see something else I put off 'till later'. Come back silk shading.....

Oh and a question for you. Should I do my birdy's head in yellow or green? Can't quite seem to make my mind up


No comments:

Post a Comment