Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Last furlong?

Just a quickie to show the reworked border and feet.

Border and free standing foot
The border had been puckered so I took it off and mounted it on card and then laced it to pull out the puckers. Only problem was that then meant unpicking the feet!. When it was all re-attached, the foot which lies over the border couldn't be sewn down through card so I made it freestanding. Try satin stitch on a small piece you're holding with tweezers! It's all done for the love of art!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha, believe that if you wish.

How the border sits now.

I can now move on and have started outlining the saddle with silver plated pearl purl.

Hopefully this time I am on the last furlong...........

No comments:

Post a Comment